Friday, July 3, 2009

Kids Say the Darnest Things!!!

I know, it's about time that I post something new on this blog. Anyways, the summer has begun and the kids are out of school. They get to travel and just enjoy life. Once school starts up again, they'll be going to 1st grade. Time just seems to fly and my boys are growing. But for now, I am loving this age and have soooo many cute, funny and heart melting conversations with them.

So the other day, while hanging out with Noah in Vegas, I told him that I was going to go back to San Francisco in the morning since I had to go back to work. He looked at me and said: "Mommy why do you have to be a flight attendant?" My heart just melted and guilty thoughts rushed through my mind. I figured he didn't want me to leave and wanted me to be home with him. So I asked him: "Why don't you want mommy to be a flight attendant?" Noah's aswer was: "I wish you were an ICE CREAM GIRL, so that you could sell me all the ice cream I wanted!!!" There went my ego.....

While watching tv that same night and with all the Michael Jackson coverage, Zion told me that his dad was a big Michael Jackson fan. Then he asked me if I and his auntie Tee were Michael Jackson fans? I told him that I did like his music and that his auntie Tee was a fan also. I wasn't quite sure if he knew what a fan was and so I asked him if he was a Michael Jackson fan? After he thought about that, he answered in a serious tone: " No, I think I'm more of a Jonas Brothers fan".

Just when you think you have them figured out, they just come up with new things. I just love my boys and look forward to our many conversations in the years to come. I hope that they will always be able to come to me and share their thoughts on anything.

No comments: