
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Change is coming!!!!
What a day, what a day!!! I'm sure like many of you, D and I were glued to the television last night. It is finally official, Barack Obama is the President Elect and what a powerful presidential speech that was. We were so excited to witness such a historic event and to be able to tell our children how significant this is for them in particular. I know that they don't quite understand the significance of it right now because when D told them the news this morning, they said OK and turned right back to their toys. But what a lucky generation this will be to grow up with the notion that a person of any color can be the President of this nation or anything that they want to be for that matter. Having sons that are the products of a biracial relationship and a husband of color, my heart is filled with joy, pride and hope. Joyful because of doors that have been opened and that we as a nation can finally look beyond color, proud because I too have some great men of color in my life and hopeful because I too see potential "presidents" when I turn to my boys. But you be the judge...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah for Obama! I have never felt so proud to be an American!
Maybe the boys can be the first set of twins to be nominated to be president! They are so cute!
That is such a cute picture of them. I love the tennis shoes with their white shirts and ties.
That was an amazing night, watching history unfold! I loved seeing the people celebrating in the streets, crying, laughing, hugging. Luckily Samantha and Luke got to see some of it before they went to bed. They think that Dr. Martin Luther King is feeling very happy up in Heaven; I agree. As for your boys, I think it is obvious they are destined for something great, and can do anything they put there minds to, especially with such a strong family behind them. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment