Saturday, October 11, 2008

Prayers are answered

Some of you might know that we have been in the process of adopting a little girl, Jewel, from the islands of Tonga. It has been a journey that has taken us through so many emotions and at times it seemed to be never ending. It all started about 2 1/2 years ago, when one day Noah asked me for a baby sister. I told him to pray for one and figured that would be the end of it. Well, his prayers never stopped. Weeks and months went by as he continued to faithfully pray. Well, we all know that prayers do get answered. On January 10th, 2007, little Jewel was born on a small island in the South Pacific. By some miraculous way, we were lead to our little girl half way across the world.

It seems that we may actually be bringing her home soon. On Tuesday, D, my mom and I will be flying out to Tonga to finalize the process there. From Tonga we will take Jewel to Suva, Fiji, that's where the closes US Embassy is located, to apply for her visa to travel back home with us to the US. We are so excited yet anxious and nervous. We hope that the trip will go smoothly, meaning the court appearances, paper work and dealing with the us embassy and immigration in general. From Fiji, we will fly to Sydney, Australia to connect onto our flight back to San Francisco. We hope to be back home within 2 weeks but really aren't exactly sure how long everything will take. In the middle of all the chaos, we hope to take in Tonga and Fiji's exotic beauty but it won't be until we set foot onto US soil with Jewel, that D and I will be able to finally exhale.


Noah and Zion said that they will miss us while we're gone but they know that we are going to pick up their little sister. They are beyond excited and have shared with us the many things they want to do with her. For now, I ask Noah to pray for Jewel just a little bit longer.

9 comments:

Angie said...

We are so excited for you guys...I know you have waitined a very long time, and what faith that the kids have as well you two as well.

Have a safe trip and we are all anxious to see Jewel.

Love,
Sterling & Angie Duerden

Angie said...

I really can't spell this late...I mean waited, not waitined.

Jamie Poort said...

We are all so excited to meet her! It will be fun to add another one to the bunch!

Craziest Cottrell said...

That is such a sweet story. I am so excited for you and your family! Please let me know how I can help you out with anything at all.

Hunt Family said...

I don't mean to intrude on your blog but I just had to let you know how excited I am for you! I didn't realize how much our little girl has meant to our family. You'll be in my prayers for a smooth and safe journey!

Meghan Poort said...

ohhh Tina.. your little family is in our prayers...

Mae Linda Willis Lualemaga said...

Yeh! That is great news! Your in our prayers that all will go well and may you all have a safe trip. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Love,
Mae & Nua

Wiser Family said...

That is so exciting! Noah and Zion are going to be wonderful big brothers. Please let me know if you need help with anything. I hope everything goes smoothly with the visas and your travels. Can't wait to meet little Jewel.

DyeFam said...

We are so excited for you guys! What an answer to your prayers! She is going to love her older brothers! Good luck-you will be in our thoughts and prayers-keep us posted! How fun-I'm just so excited for you!